New emergency sirens

Emergency SirenThis week, the City replaced emergency sirens with two new sirens. The City was unable to depend reliably on the former sirens. When sirens are tested on the first Tuesday of the month, residents will now hear a much more pleasant sound. Residents will now hear the Westminster Chimes. In an emergency, residents will hear the typical sirens. The new sirens also have voice capabilities.


According to Mayor Flannigan, these updated sirens have been in the works for more than three years. The funding includes 80% from a State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) grant and the City budgeted for the remaining 20%.

Old city sirens

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.