Frequently Asked Questions

How do I file a police report?

If you would like to report an incident that happened in the city of Moscow Mills, please contact dispatch at 636-528-6100 and request an officer. While you may come to the police station during business hours, our officers are often out on patrol and it would be just as easy for an officer to come to where you are.

How do I obtain a copy of a report?

Please see our page for records requests.

How do I claim property?

If you are the owner of property that is currently in the department’s possession, you should contact us during normal business hours. All property is held in a secure room, so you must make an appointment with the department’s property custodian and be able to provide photographic identification and, if necessary, proof of ownership. Please be aware that if the item is evidence of a crime or if there are legal restrictions on possession (such as with firearms) it may not be released immediately.

How do I get my vehicle back if it was towed?

If your vehicle was towed at the request of one of our officers, you generally need only provide proof of ownership to the tow company. In some circumstances, however, the tow company may require authorization from us before they release the vehicle. In such case you should contact us during normal business hours at the station, or call dispatch at 636-528-6100 to inquire about your vehicle. You will need to provide photographic identification and proof of ownership. If your vehicle was towed by a different agency (such as the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office or the Missouri State Highway Patrol) you will need to contact that agency instead.

How do I request a vacation check?

If you are going out of town, you can notify us and we’ll keep an extra eye on your residence. To request a vacation check you may call the station during normal business hours, email the Chief of Police, or contact central dispatch at (636) 528-6100.

What is the curfew for minors?

The curfew for juveniles (those under the age of 18) is 10 p.m. on weeknights (Monday to Thursday) and 12 p.m. on weekends (Friday and Saturday) within the city limits of Moscow Mills. Please see Chapter 78 of the City Code for more information.

Where can I get fingerprints taken?

Unfortunately, we do not provide fingerprinting services at this time. Please contact the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office at 65 Business Park Drive in Troy if you need this service.

Does the city have a noise ordinance?

The city of Moscow Mills does not have a specific “noise ordinance” or specific decibel level that it prohibits; however, as is the case throughout the state of Missouri, your peace may be disturbed by noise or other activity. Many things can constitute a disturbance; such as a barking dog, a loud party, a fight, construction equipment, etc. Depending on the circumstances, these things may be perfectly legal. Determining whether a specific thing constitutes a peace disturbance is a matter of balance, as both parties’ rights must be weighed. Just as you have the right to not have your peace disturbed, your neighbor has the right to have a reasonable gathering at their house, play music, or cut their lawn. Most legitimate, illegal peace disturbances occur in the late hours of the night. If you feel that your peace is being unreasonably disturbed, you can contact us and discuss the specific situation.

Is door-to-door solicitation allowed in the city?

You may only engage in solicitation if you have acquired a permit from the city; you must contact city hall to apply for such permit. Please be aware that many residents dislike this form of solicitation, and will ask to see your permit. If you are caught soliciting without a permit, you may be issued a citation for the violation.

Are fireworks allowed in the city?

Use of fireworks within the city limits is prohibited, except on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th of July. On those days, however, you still may not use any rockets, bottle rockets, or any other type of firework with an aerial trajectory that does not completely consume itself before landing, or use any fireworks in a way which endangers any person or property (§§ 66.040 and 66.050, City Code).

How do I request the speed trailer?

Please complete this form in its entirety and submit to the Moscow Mills Police Department.  You can email the completed form to or submit your requested by mail or in person to the Moscow Mills Police Department, 995 Main Street, Moscow Mills, MO 63362. Your request will be handled in the order it is received.  Placement also depends on current weather conditions.